Monday, May 5, 2008

New Stuff

There have been some small changes here at btw2. The most obvious is the change in the Beyond btw section. I've created one section for links about writing and another for links about career success. Look to find links to sites that discuss leadership, management, and other career-oriented topics that you might find useful as you seek to develop the skills necessary to succeed in business (and many other endeavors).

The second change is less obvious, but this post is actually a small example. I intend to post more often even if it is a small post just to make an observation or point you to a cool new resource. My longer posts will continue, but I want to give you good reasons to check back more often. Writing in your career is still the central theme of this blog, but there are other topics related to success in your career that I think might be useful to you now as well.

I'd like to take this opportunity to point you to Jim Collins' website. Collins has conducted exhaustive research on what differentiates merely good companies from great ones as well as research into what businesses do to ensure their success lasts. You might not see yourself as a business person yet, but the beauty of what Collins has discovered is that his observations about greatness apply equally well to individuals as they do to businesses. If you want to set yourself apart from the crowd, I highly recommend Collins' work to you.

That's all for now. I'll be back soon with a post on the power of process. Stay tuned.

No comments: